Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trees

I have not blogged for a couple of weeks, but I have been sewing. Although I do not have pictures to share today, I have stitched up over 100 tree blocks, and have the first lap-zize quilt sewn. Several members of our quilt group have also sewn up blocks, so at the end of the month we will be setting several quilt tops.

I got out a box of Pioneer Braid strips that have been paired and pinned ready for stitching. The pattern was from "Open a Can of Worms", and trapezoid pieces were cut for it. I've sewn all the braids I want to do--after these strips are sewn into a quilt top--and so I was playing around with the "picket fence" design. I have at least a shoe box full of cut shapes. I've been stitching them together while waiting for some machine embroidery to be completed. I have two machines front to front, so I can turn in my office chair from one machine to another. My main problem is focus on the task at hand when moving from one machine to another. Older brains do not function so well at changing gears!

I'm getting better at getting the trapezoid ends aligned correctly so the opened pieces lie straight and flat. After all of these pieces for the trees and the picket fence blocks, I should be well experienced in this technique!

No comments: